TGCA Basketball Nomination Instructions and Guidelines
Coaches should do all nominations on-line on the TGCA website. Coaches may request forms be e-mailed or faxed.
November 1st is the last date for basketball coaches to become a member of the TGCA and be eligible to nominate athletes for basketball honors. The head varsity coach of any athlete or support staff receiving an award must be a member in good standing by the membership nomination deadline. This also applies to Athlete of the Year, Coach of the Year, and All-Star Coach honors.
Monday noon before the state tournament is the on-line nomination deadline for the following nominations: All-Star, All-State, Academic All-State, Athlete of the Year, All-Star Coaches and Coach of the Year.
All nomination forms must be sent to TGCA by submitting on-line at www.austintgca.com, mailing to TGCA, 1603 Manor Road, Austin, TX, 78722, or submitting to regional representatives for submission to the Committee if the on-line deadline has passed.
All-Star Nomination Guidelines:
1. All-Stars MUST BE SENIORS.
2. Coaches may nominate as many players as desired.
3. Two athletes from the same school may be named to one All-Star Team. Clarification: The Basketball Committee will have the option of selecting two athletes from one school, and one school only per All-Star team on a yearly basis.
4. All-Stars will be selected in two divisions: 1A-2A-3A and 4A-5A.
5. Basketball All-Stars may not be Volleyball, Cross Country, Track & Field or Softball All-Stars.
6. IMPORTANT: Prior to nomination of an athlete, coaches must confirm that nominee, if selected, can be present for the All-Star orientation and will attend all practices. Players unable to commit to this policy should not be nominated. The All-Star position is a great honor and players should be aware prior to nomination that they are committed to follow policies of the Texas Girls Coaches Association.
7. An athlete selected as a Basketball All-Star automatically is a nominee for Basketball Athlete of the Year.
RED/BLUE ALL-STAR SECTIONS: The state is divided into Red and Blue sections for determining the All-Star teams. Refer to your TGCA REGION -- NOT UIL -- to determine which section you are in.
CLICK HERE if you do not know.
The BLUE is composed of schools in TGCA Regions 2, 5, 7, 8.
All-State Nomination Guidelines:
1. All State players are NOT required to be SENIORS.
2. Coaches may nominate as many of their own players as they choose.
3. Stats must be included.
4. Conference 1A shall be split into Division I and Division II, with 20 athletes selected for each team. All other conferences shall have 40 athletes selected per conference for All-State honors.
1. Academic All-State athletes and members of the support staff of that sport MUST BE GRADUATING SENIORS;
2. Must have an overall GPA average of 94 or above for grades 9-11. All nominations must contain a NUMERICAL GPA and not based on a point scale; i.e., 94 or above NOT 4.0, 5.0, 3.8, etc. (Do NOT submit a nomination if your athlete or support staff member does not meet this GPA requirement.) Ten (10) points may be added for weighted courses.
3. Must be a varsity participant or a member of the support staff for that sport in good standing; and
4. Must be of good moral character.