Coaches should do all nominations on-line on the TGCA website. Coaches may request forms be e-mailed or faxed.
November 1st is the last date for basketball coaches to become a member of the TGCA and be eligible to nominate athletes for basketball honors. The head varsity coach of any athlete or support staff receiving an award must be a member in good standing by the membership nomination deadline. This also applies to Athlete of the Year, Coach of the Year, and All-Star Coach honors.
Monday prior to the State Basketball Tournament is the deadline for on-line nominations for: All-Star; Legacy All-Star; All-State; Academic All-State; Athlete of the Year; All-Star Coaches; and Coach of the Year.
All nomination forms must be submitted to TGCA on-line at www.austintgca.com; mailing to the TGCA office at P.O. Box 2137, Austin, TX, 78768, or presenting to a regional representative for submission to the Committee at the Committee meeting after the on-line nomination deadline has passed.
ALL-STAR NOMINATION GUIDELINES:
1. All-Stars must be INCOMING SENIORS.
2. Coaches may nominate as many players as desired. Athletes may be nominated by
any member coach in good standing of the Texas Girls Coaches Association. For an
individual to be selected to an All-Star team, the head coach must be a member in
good standing. The current head coach must be contacted for approval of the player
being selected as an All-Star.
3. Two athletes from the same school may be
named to one All-Star team.
Clarification: The Basketball Committee will have the option of selecting two athletes
from one school, and one school only, per All-Star team, on a yearly basis.
4. All-Stars will be selected in two divisions: 1A-2A-3A-4A and 5A-6A.
5. Basketball All-Stars may not be Cheerleading, Volleyball, Cross Country, Track &
Field or Softball All-Stars.
6. IMPORTANT: Prior to nomination of an athlete, coaches must confirm that nominee,
if selected, can be present for the All-Star orientation and will attend all practices.
Players unable to commit to this policy should not be nominated. The All-Star
position is a great honor and players should be aware, prior to nomination, that they
are committed to follow policies of the Texas Girls Coaches Association.
1. All-State players are NOT required to be SENIORS;
2. Coaches may nominate as many players as they choose;
3. Stats must be included;
4. All conferences may have up to 40 athletes selected per conference for All-State
1. Academic All-State athletes and members of the support staff for that sport MUST
BE GRADUATING SENIORS;
2. Must have an overall GPA of 94 or above for grades 9 -
11. All nominations must
contain a NUMERICAL GPA and not based on a point scale; i.e., 94 or above,
NOT 4.0, 5.0, etc. Do NOT submit a nomination if your athlete or support staff
member does not meet this GPA requirement. Ten (10) points may be added
for weighted classes;
3. Must be a varsity participant or a member of the support staff for that sport in good
4. Must be of good moral character.
TGCA LEGACY ALL-STAR TEAMS SELECTION GUIDELINES:
The standing committees for cross country, volleyball, cheerleading, basketball, track &
field and softball will review submitted nominations from their region and division
for the Legacy All-Star team selections. The selections will be made from player
nominations submitted to TGCA by their member coaches on or before the Monday
noon prior to the state tournament or meet of the particular sport. Selections will
be based on the following criteria:
1. The nominated players must be graduating seniors.
2. The Standing Committee will select the best twenty (20) nominees in the particular
sport in 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A and the best twenty (20) nominees in the particular sport in
3. The high school head varsity coach must be a member of TGCA in good standing
before November 1st of that school year before the school is eligible to have an
4. A coach may nominate as many of their graduating senior players as desired.
5. The TGCA Legacy All-Star team members in each sport will receive a certificate
from the TGCA recognizing their achievement of being named to the team.
There will be no All-Star game for these teams.
Revised by vote of the membership at the annual business meeting on July 10, 2014.
Revised by vote of the membership at the annual business meeting July 16, 2015.
Revised by vote of the Board of Directors June 4, 2017.