November 1st is the last date for track & field coaches to become a member of TGCA and be eligible to nominate athletes for track & field honors. The head varsity coach of any athlete or support staff receiving an award must be a member in good standing by the membership nomination deadline. This also applies to Athlete of the Year, Coach of the Year, and All-Star Coach honors.
prior to the State Track & Field Meet is the deadline for on-line nominations:
All-Star, Legacy All-Star, All-State, Academic All-State, All-Star Coaches, Athlete of the Year and Coach of the Year.
Nominations can be submitted on-line or mailed to TGCA (P.O. Box 2137,
All-Star Nomination Guidelines:
1. All-Stars MUST BE INCOMING SENIORS.
2. Member coaches may nominate as many athletes as desired. The head varsity coach
of the school must be a member in good standing for an athlete to be selected, and the
head coach must be notified of the nomination before the athlete is selected as an
All-Star. Two athletes from the same school can be named to an All-Star team.
Clarification: The Track Committee will have the option of selecting two athletes from
one school, and one school only, per All-Star team on a yearly basis.
3. Twenty-four (24) All-Stars will be selected in conferences 1A-2A-3A-4A and twenty-four (24)
All-Stars will be selected in conferences 5A-6A.
4. Track and Field All-Stars may not be an All-Star in Cheerleading, Cross Country,
Basketball, Volleyball or Softball.
All-State Nomination Guidelines:
1. All-State athletes are NOT required to be SENIORS.
2. Member coaches may nominate as many athletes as they choose.
3. Times and distances must be included. Times and distances from meets only will be
accepted. If asked, you must be able to verify times and distances. No times or distances
from practices will be accepted.
Academic All-State Guidelines:
1. Academic All-State athletes and support staff of that sport MUST BE GRADUATING
2. Must have an overall GPA of 94 or above for grades 9 - 11.
(Do NOT submit a nomination if your athlete or support staff member does not meet this
Do NOT submit on a point scale basis; i.e. 4.0 or 5.0. Ten (10) points may be added for
3. Must be a varsity participant or support staff member in good standing, and be of good
The standing committees for cross country, volleyball, cheerleading, basketball, track & field
and softball will review submitted nominations from their region and division
for the Legacy All-Star team selections. The selections will be made from player
nominations submitted to TGCA by member coaches on or before the Monday
noon prior to the state tournament or meet of the particular sport. Selections will
be based on the following criteria:
1. The nominated players must be graduating seniors.
2. The Standing Committee will select the best twenty (20) nominees in the particular sport
in 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A and the best twenty (20) nominees in the particular sport in 5A, 6A.
3. The high school head varsity coach must be a member of TGCA in good standing before
November 1st of that school year before the school is eligible to have an All-Star(s).
4. A coach may nominate as many graduating senior athletes as desired.
5. The TGCA Legacy All-Star team members in each sport will receive a certificate from the
TGCA recognizing their achievement of being named to the team. There will be no All-Star
game for these teams.
Revised by vote of the membership at the annual business meeting on July 10, 2014.
Revised by vote of the membership at the annual business meeting July 16, 2015.
Revised by vote of the Board of Directors June 5, 2016.
Revised by vote of the Board of Directors June 4, 2017.