November 1st is the last date for golf coaches to become a member of the TGCA and be eligible to nominate athletes for golf honors, and to receive honors themselves..
Monday prior to the state golf tournament is the deadline for on-line nominations: Academic All-State, Athlete of the Year and Coach of the Year.
All nomination forms must be sent to TGCA by submitting on-line or mailing to TGCA, P.O. Box 2137, Austin, TX, 78768, by the deadline.
Academic All-State Guidelines:
1. Academic All-State athletes and support staff members MUST BE GRADUATING
2. Must have an overall GPA of 94 or above for grades 9-11. (Do NOT submit a nomination if
your athlete does not meet this GPA requirement). Do not submit nominations on a
point scale basis.
3. Must be a varsity participant or support staff member of that sport in good standing, and be
of good moral character.
Athlete of the Year Guidelines:
1. May be selected from any grade level from 9-12..
2. Be an outstanding golf athlete.
3. Demonstrate positive character traits (honesty, loyalty, leadership, cooperative attitude).
4. Final selection will be made by the Executive Director and Executive Committee.
Coach of the Year Guidelines:
1. Only TGCA member varsity head coaches are eligible to nominate or win Coach of the Year.
2. Nominations will be taken from the general membership and final selection will be made by
the Executive Director and Executive Committee.
3. Each school can only nominate one coach.
4. Two coaches will be selected: one from a 1A-2A-3A-4A school and one from a 5A-6A
Revised by vote of the Board of Directors June 1, 2014.
Revised by vote of the membership at the annual business meeting on July 10, 2014.