DUTIES OF OFFICERS
1. Preside at all meetings of TGCA and meetings of the Board of Directors.
2. Appoint standing and special committees except as otherwise provided by this constitution.
3. Appoint committees for the annual coaches' school.
4. Cooperate with and seek the support of the University Interscholastic League and other related organizations.
5. Perform other duties incident to the office of President.
6. Attend Legislative Council and committee meetings of the University Interscholastic League.
FIRST VICE PRESIDENT
1. In the absence of
the President, perform duties of the office of President, and in the event of
permanent disability or resignation of the President, shall succeed to that office for the unexpired term.
2. Become President after serving as First Vice President.
3. Work closely with the President so as to become familiar with the duties of that office.
4. Be Chairman of the Coaching School Program Committee.
5. Attend Legislative Council and committee meetings of the University Interscholastic League.
SECOND VICE PRESIDENT-SECRETARY
1. In the absence of the President and First Vice President, perform the duties of the office
of President. In the event of a vacancy in the office of First Vice President, succeed
that office for the unexpired term.
2. Become First Vice President after serving as Second Vice President-Secretary.
3. Be Vice Chairman of the Coaching School Program Committee.
4. Work closely with the First Vice President so as to become familiar with duties of that
5. Record the proceedings of all meetings of TGCA and the Board of Directors, and
present the minutes of the previous Board of Directors meeting for approval.
6. Provide the Executive Director with a copy of the minutes of the Board of Directors meetings and
the approved annual meeting within (30) days following the meeting.
7. Calculate Academic All-State athletes and support staff members in cross country, volleyball, basketball, track
and field, softball, golf and soccer..
8. Attend Legislative Council and committee meetings of the University Interscholastic
IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT
1. Serve as Chairman of the Nominating Committee at the Summer Clinic.
2. Offer advice to the President, First Vice President, and Second Vice President-Secretary.
3. Solicit new corporate sponsors and report on progress of current corporate sponsors.
4. Attend Legislative Council and committee meetings of the University Interscholastic
5. Upon request of the President, be available to attend or serve on University
Interscholastic League committees.
6. Meet with and secure input from University Interscholastic League staff concerning
issues and proposals to be submitted by TGCA to the University Interscholastic
DUTIES OF EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
A. Be a member of the Executive Committee and Board of Directors, but
shall not have a vote therein.
B. Conduct correspondence of TGCA as directed by the President and TGCA.
C. Maintain a current roster of members.
D. Send notices of all meetings.
E. Keep or cause to be kept all books and records of the TGCA, including all
books or accounts.
F. Provide a detailed financial report to the Board of Directors at each quarterly
G. Provide each Director with an up-to-date copy of the TGCA constitution.
H. Assist the Newsletter editor in publishing the Newsletter.
I. Send copies of the minutes of Board of Directors meetings and annual
coaching school minutes to all board members within forty five (45)
days following the meeting.
J. Perform such other duties as may be required of him/her by TGCA from
time to time.
DUTIES OF ASSISTANT TO THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/ALL-STAR COORDINATOR
A. Provide support for the Executive Director.
B. Assist the Executive Director in the management of TGCA.
C. Work to obtain corporate sponsors for equipment for All-Stars and All-Star coaches.
D. Secure housing, food services, practice sites and game facilities for All-Stars.
E. Conduct All-Star orientations, process All-Star paperwork and administer All-Star contests.
F. Assign speakers for Satellite Clinics.
G. Carry out other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
TEXAS GIRLS COACHES ASSOCIATION
DUTIES OF SENIOR BOARD MEMBERS
1. Attend all scheduled and called Board meetings.
2. Serve on various committees as appointed by the President.
3. Conduct the regional business meeting and elections at coaching school.
4. Be knowledgeable concerning the constitution.
5. Contact teacher preparatory colleges and universities in the region concerning new
6. Inform members of the region on all current trends, latest actions of the board,
association finances, and other facts concerning practices, the University
Interscholastic League, and the Association at coaching school or through the
7. Assist the officers and committee chairpersons as needed.
8. Assist with the All-Star games as needed.
9. Assist with coaching school registration as needed.
10. Be familiar with the duties of the Second Vice President-Secretary.
11. Assist with award presentations as needed.
12. Assist the coaching school director as needed with program formulation.
13. Assist the Executive Director as requested.
14. Help solicit products and materials for the Association.
15. Help recruit new members.
16. Visit schools, games, and tournaments within the region when possible.
17. Inform the media of Association happenings within the region.
18. Contact prospective coaching school exhibitors and advertisers.
19. Attend to any other duties as assigned by the President.
DUTIES OF JUNIOR BOARD MEMBERS
1. Assist the Senior Directors in the performance of all duties listed for the senior
2. Attend all scheduled and called Board meetings.
3. Be prepared to assume the duties of the Senior Director in the absence or
resignation of the Senior Director.
4. Serve on committees as appointed by the President.
DUTIES FOR DIRECTORS AT THE SUMMER CLINIC
The President will appoint committees as necessary to assist with activities during the Summer Clinic. These committees include:
1. Introductions for Clinicians
2. Honor Awards Banquet
3. All-Star Games
4. All-Star Lecture/Demonstration
5. Transportation and Check-In for Clinicians
6. Audio/Visual Equipment
8. All-Star Greetings/Welcome
9. Registration of coaches
Volleyball, Basketball, Track and Field, Softball, and Sub-Varsity Committee Chairmen are responsible for the following:
1. Selection of the M. T. Rice Most Valuable Player in the All-Star games.
2. Introductions of clinicians on the program for their sport.