November 1st is the last date for Spirit Division coaches to become a member of TGCA and be eligible to nominate cheerleaders for Spirit Division Cheerleading honors and to receive honors themselves.
The Monday at
before the UIL State Championships is the deadline for on-line nominations:
All-Star, Legacy All-Star, All-State, Academic All-State, All-Star Coaches, Cheerleaders of the Year and Spirit Division Cheerleading Coaches of the Year.
Nominations can be submitted on-line or mailed to TGCA, P.O. Box 2137, Austin, TX, 78768.
1. Academic All-State cheerleaders MUST BE GRADUATING SENIORS.
2. Must have an overall GPA of 94 or above for grades 9 - 11.
(Do NOT submit a nomination if your cheerleader does not meet this GPA
requirement.) GPAs MUST BE SUBMITTED IN NUMERICAL FORM. DO
NOT SUBMIT ON A POINT SCALE BASIS.
3. Must be a varsity participant in good standing, and be of good moral character.
All-Star Nomination Guidelines:
1. All-Stars MUST BE INCOMING SENIORS.
2. Coaches may submit as many nominations as desired. Cheerleaders may be nominated for
All-Star by any member coach in good standing of the TGCA. For an individual to be
selected to an All-Star team, the head coach must be a member in good standing. The
current head coach must be contacted for approval of hte player being selected as an
3. No nominations will be accepted by telephone.
4. All-Stars will be selected in two divisions: 1A-2A-3A-4A and 5A-6A.
5. The Spirit Division Committee will have the option of selecting two cheerleaders from one
school and one school only per All-Star team.
6. Cheerleading All-Stars may not be Volleyball, Cross Country, Basketball, Track and Field
or Softball All-Stars.
7. IMPORTANT -- Prior to nominating a cheerleader, coaches should confirm that if selected,
the cheerleader can be present for the All-Star orientation and all activities.
Cheerleaders unable to commit to this policy should not be nominated. The All-Star position
is a great honor and cheerleaders should be aware PRIOR to nomination that they are
committed to follow policies of
determining the All-Star teams.
Refer to your TGCA REGION -- NOT
The RED section is composed of schools in TGCA Regions 1, 3, 4 and 6.
The BLUE section is composed of schools in TGCA Regions 2, 5, 7 and 8.
All-State Nomination Guidelines:
1. All-State cheerleaders are NOT required to be SENIORS.
2. Coaches may nominate as many cheerleaders as they choose. There shall be
no limits on the number of cheerleaders from a school that can be selected for All-State.
Cheerleader of the Year Guidelines:
Nominees must fulfill the following requirements:
1. May be selected from any grade level from 9-12;
2. Be an outstanding cheerleader;
3. Demonstrate positive character traits (honesty, loyalty, leadership, cooperative attitude).
4. Final selection will be made by a selection committee.
Spirit Division Cheer Coach of the Year Guidelines:
1. Only TGCA member varsity head coaches are eligible to nominate or win Coach of the Year.
The head varsity coach of any cheerleader receiving an award must be a member
in good standing by the membership nomination deadline.
This also applies to Cheerleader of the Year honors.
2. The final selection will be made by a selection committee.
3. Each school can only nominate one coach;
4. Two coaches will be selected: one from a 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A school; and one from a 5A, 6A
The standing committees for cross country, volleyball, cheerleading, basketball, track & field
and softball will review submitted nominations from their region and division
for the Legacy All-Star team selections. The selections will be made from player
nominations submitted to TGCA by their member coaches on or before the Monday
noon prior to the state tournament or meet of the particular sport. Selections will
be based on the following criteria:
1. The nominated players must be graduating seniors.
2. The Standing Committee will select the best twenty (20) nominees in the particular sport
in 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A and the best twenty (20) nominees in the particular sport in 5A, 6A.
3. The high school head varsity coach must be a member of TGCA in good standing before
November 1st of that school year before the school is eligible to have an All-Star(s).
4. A coach may nominate as many graduating senior cheerleaders as desired.
5. The TGCA Legacy All-Star team members in each sport will receive a certificate from the
TGCA recognizing their achievement of being named to the team. There will be no All-Star
game performance for these teams.
Added by vote of the Board of Directors on June 1, 2014.
Revised by vote of the membership at the annual business meeting on July 10, 2014.
Revised by vote of the Spirit Committee July 2013, 2016.
Revised by vote of the Board of Directors June 4, 2017.