SPORTS WRITERS OF THE YEAR
1. Each region will be encouraged to nominate a Sports Writer of the Year in Division I
and Division II. Division I will be for sports writers with newspapers with circulations
of more than 20,000. Division II will be for sports writers with circulations of less than
2. Junior Directors from Regions I, II, III, and IV will work jointly to submit nominees
to the Board of Directors on even numbered years. Junior Directors from Regions V,
VI, VII, and VIII will work jointly to submit their nominees on odd numbered years.
3. Each Junior Director will encourage member coaches within his region to nominate
sports writers or media personnel to receive the Sports Writers award on years when
nominees are to come from his respective region.
4. The nominees for the Sports Writers award will be presented to the Board of Directors at
the March meeting. At this time the selections will be made. The Sports Writers of the
Year will be announced and recognized at the Honor Awards Banquet during the
Summer Clinic. He or she will be provided meals and lodging for one night at the
expense of the TGCA.
5. If no nominations are made by the Junior Directors, the Board of Directors will decide on the
Amended by vote of the Board of Directors November 23, 2014.