November 1st is the last date for softball coaches to become a member of the TGCA and be eligible to nominate athletes for softball honors. The head varsity coach of any athlete or support staff receiving an award must be a member in good standing by the membership nomination deadline. This also applies to Athlete of the Year, Coach of the Year, and All-Star Coach honors.
Monday prior to the state softball tournament is the deadline for on-line nominations: All-Star, Legacy All-Star, All-State, Academic All-State, All-Star Coaches, Athlete of the Year and Coach of the Year.
All nomination forms must be sent to TGCA by submitting on-line or mailing to TGCA, P.O. Box 2137, Austin, TX, 78768, by the deadline.
All-Star Nomination Guidelines:
1. All-Stars MUST BE INCOMING SENIORS.
2. Coaches may submit as many nominations as desired. Any member coach in good standing may nominate any athlete for All-Star, but the head varsity coach of the school must be a TGCA member in good standing and must be contacted before the athlete can be selected.
3. No nominations will be accepted by telephone.
4. Players must be nominated by position. Coaches must also select a secondary position the
player can play if chosen for the All-Star team.
5. All-Stars will be selected in two divisions: 1A-2A-3A-4A and 5A-6A.
6. Two athletes from the same school can be named to an All-Star team. Clarification:
Committee will have the option of selecting two athletes from one school, and
one school only per All-Star team on a yearly basis.
7. A softball All-Star may not be a Cheerleading, Cross Country, Volleyball, Basketball or
Track and Field All-Star.
8. IMPORTANT -- Prior to nominating an athlete, coaches should confirm that if selected, the
athlete can be present for the All-Star orientation and will attend all practices. Players
unable to commit to this policy should not be nominated. The All-Star position is a great
honor and players should be aware PRIOR to nomination that they are committed to follow
policies of the
The RED section is composed of schools in TGCA Regions 1, 3, 4 and 6.
The BLUE section is composed of schools in TGCA Regions 2, 5, 7 and 8.
All-State Nomination Guidelines:
1. All-State athletes are NOT required to be SENIORS.
2. Coaches may nominate as many of their own players as they choose. There shall be
no limits on the number of players from a school that can be selected for All-State.
3. Stats must be included.
Academic All-State Guidelines:
1. Academic All-State athletes and support staff members MUST BE GRADUATING
2. Must have an overall GPA of 94 or above for grades 9-11. (Do NOT submit a nomination if
your athlete does not meet this GPA requirement). Do not submit nominations
on a point scale basis;
3. Must be a varsity participant or support staff member of that sport in good standing; and
4. Be of good moral character.
The standing committees for cross country, volleyball, cheerleading, basketball, track & field
and softball will review submitted nominations from their region and division
for the Legacy All-Star team selections. The selections will be made from player
nominations submitted to TGCA by their member coaches on or before the Monday
noon prior to the state tournament or meet of the particular sport. Selections will
be based on the following criteria:
1. The nominated players must be graduating seniors.
2. The Standing Committee will select the best twenty (20) nominees in the particular sport
in 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A and the best twenty (20) nominees in the particular sport in 5A, 6A.
3. The high school head varsity coach must be a member of TGCA in good standing before
November 1st of that school year before the school is eligible to have an All-Star(s).
4. A coach may nominate as many of their graduating senior players as desired.
5. The TGCA Legacy All-Star team members in each sport will receive a certificate from the
TGCA recognizing their achievement of being named to the team. There will be no All-Star
game for these teams.
Revised by vote of the Board of Directors on June 2, 2013.
Revised by vote of the Board of Directors on June 1, 2014.
Revised by vote of the membership at the annual business meeting on July 10, 2014.
Revised by vote of the membership at the annual business meeting July 16, 2015.
Revised by vote of the Board of Directors June 4, 2017.